Outlook is one of the most important tool used in organizations and corporate companies for official work. All the important mails, contacts, messages, tasks are stored in Outlook data file PST. For any unauthorized access to PST file we make it password protected.
Somehow if we forgot the password or it is giving some error, then we have to remove password from PST file. There is not any direct method to retrieve back Outlook forgotten password. So we can use Microsoft pst19upg.exe tool. It upgrades previous PST file and remove password from them.
Steps to remove password from PST file
- First close the Outlook and create a copy of PST file.
- Now scan the copy of pst file for any errors and repair it using Scanpst.exe
- Now in Run window type the file path of pst19upg.exe tool and pst file name. e.g. “C:Mydocumentspst19upg.exe”-x Outlook.pst
- This will create a copy of pst called filename.psx. After the process rename original PST file.
- In the command prompt type exe-I filename.psx and hit enter. This will remove password from PST file.
Reset Outlook PST file Password
- Reset or change PST password by using following method
- Locate PST file, right click on it and select data file properties
- Go to properties tab and click on advanced button
- Click on Change Password>>OK
- Type your Old password, set new password and verify it Click OK.