MS SQL server Database is preferred by many organizations due to its efficient features. Most of the applications use MS SQL as a database system. As large amount of data is present in database, it may cause errors in file structure. These errors should be removed by DBA (Database Administrator)
To remove these errors DBA have to login in to database. User can opt to repair corrupt SQL database using manual method or any third party tool. Here we will discuss on how to repair SQL Server database manually. But before that we need to install some free tools for database recovery.
Important Note: Create a backup of database first.
We will perform the Database recovery by using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express. Download the MS SQOL Management studio as per the version and Webtrends Analytics. You can download the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express from the given links.
- Webtrends Analytics 5 and 8.5a requires MS SQL Server Express 2005
- Webtrends Analytics2x and 8.7d requires MS SQL Server Express 2008
Steps for SQL Database Recovery
- After installation of SQL Management Studio, Open it
- Go to start>>programs and select SQL Server Management Studio as per version you installed.
- Login to the MS SQL Database
- Select the database you want to recover and then right-click on wt_schedand go to Properties and then
- Change the Restrict access to SINGLE_USER
- Now login to wtMaster part of Database
- Now go to Toolbar and select New query after that enter the following commands
- Now Click on Execute
- Change the Restricted Access from wt_schedsection from SINGLE_USER to again MULTI_USER.
This method will repair the Corrupt SQL Database and you can continue your work. If you instantly want to recover SQL database and don’t want to go for this manual process you can try this SQL Database Recovery tool for free. This tool repairs MDF & NDF files and recover all tables, triggers, indexes, keys. It’s support to MS SQL Server 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 makes it more preferable to Database Administrators.